Monday, April 2, 2007

Paintball Bio

I started playing paintball in the spring of 2003. My first experience was at Skirmish with a church group a friend of mine was a member of. I'll never forget that day. How we ran into position at the countdown. How I was short of breath from anticipation while waiting in ambush for the enemy. How I startled at the sound of the first reports of fire. How I strained to hear opfor pushing past the brush as my heartbeat pounded in my head.

No, I didn't have a heart attack that day and I recovered just fine in the deadzone in time for the next round! I look forward to that annual outing all year. I also look forward to getting out with my family and friends whenever we get a chance. I usually play 3 or 4 times a year. I've played at Skirmish, Liberty, West Point, Hornet's Nest, Strategy Plus, Accurate Paintball and a few backyards. I'm looking to try out some new fields this year, possibly a Cousin's outdoor field. We'll see.

I play different rifleman positions though I prefer Sabre. I lay coverfire. I flank OpFor. I have forced surrenders. I have been a part of pushing through enemy lines. I've been part of two-man sniper/scout teams making weak-side advances. I am not afraid of getting lit up 'going for it' but know few situations warrant such big moves. I enjoy playing offensively and will fill in where my team needs me. I'm big compared to the others I usually play with (5'-11" 200 lbs) but I usually don't like to hang back. Most of all, I keep my eyes open. I constantly try to communicate OpFor positions and numbers to my teammates. If I run out of paint or air I go into intel mode.

After meeting up with several members of Team Extreme Measures and playing side-by-side for a couple games this year, I was invited to join the Team. Playing recon and fire team positions as part of an experienced and seasoned team in my most ambitious paintball schedule to date, I hope to see you on the field!

View my Special Ops Brigade Page to see my opt-ins, play logs and gear list.

No comments: